Jeffrey Owens, AIF®
10151 Se Sunnyside Rd, Suite #460
Clackamas, OR 97015
Jeffrey Owens began his career in financial services in 1979 when he joined his two uncles, already in the business. Through the years, Jeff worked on building his personal practice by forming lasting relationships through outstanding client service. In 1992, Jeff’s experience and dedication to his profession earned him a promotion to General Agent for John Hancock’s Portland, Oregon office.
Jeff developed a passion for the Retirement Plan market, and when 401(k) plans entered the marketplace, he established an independent firm, now operating as BPG Wealth Management LLC powered by Business Planning Group. BPG has since evolved into a highly
successful firm that focuses on planning for emerging and growing businesses in addition to exit, distribution, succession, and estate planning strategies for individuals and owners of family and closely held businesses. Constant client contact coupled with creative value-added events has helped BPG build its own legacy of achievement.
As a seasoned financial service professional, Jeff is an industry veteran in Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation plan design and implementation. Jeff brings his expertise to businesses with highly compensated individuals where traditional Defined Contribution plans discriminate against highly compensated executives.
Jeff has been recognized for his accomplishments and dedication to his clients throughout his career. He has achieved the distinction and honor of becoming a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), a qualifying member of the Top of Table, and a three-time
recipient of the Quality of Life Award. MDRT is an international, independent association of financial professionals comprised of Life Insurance and Financial Service professionals who strive to serve their clients with exemplary performance, standards, and ethics.
In addition to being the leader of the BPG Team, Jeff enjoys spending time outdoors hunting and fishing and loves spending time with his family and being a grandpa to his granddaughters, Sophia and Savannah.
• Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, Center for Fiduciary Studies
• Licensed Life Insurance Consultant, State of Oregon
• FINRA- Series 1, 7, 63, and 65
• Life, Disability, Health, and Long Term Care Insurance Producer Licenses
• Bachelor of Arts, Linfield College, McMinnville, Oregon
• Children’s Cancer Association (CCA) CEO Counsel
• Member, Linfield College President’s Circle Leadership Team
• Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT)
• First Liberty Institute
• Annual Recipient of Achieving Client Excellence Award, John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN)
• 2001 John Hancock Financial Network (JHFN)/Signator Hall of Fame Inductee
• Qualifying Member, Top of the Table and Quality of Life Award - MDRT
• Lifetime Member and Roundtable Qualifier, John Hancock Financial Network’s (JHFN) President’s Cabinet
• Linfield Athletic Hall of Fame Inductee
- Qualifying membership in the MDRT is based on minimum commission and gross business generated within a year. Each MDRT status designation is granted for one year only until lifetime membership is achieved after 10 years; otherwise, all members must apply every year to continue their affiliation with the Million Dollar Round Table.